Griffin bolts and threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffin bolts and threads

Griffon Bolts & Threads - does anyone have a list of bolt sizes and threads for a QUB? My knowledge is all of metric threads and I'm struggling to identify many of the bolts and small screws on my Griffon. Thanks
    Last edited by kayjay283; 22/04/2016, 09:43 PM. Reason: Instant notification

Griffin threads

Not an expert but here are a few to start.

Rear sprocket fasteners UNF. As are brake spindles and axles.

General cycle fasteners unified, fine and coarse.

Get a good thread pitch gauge and a Zeus chart.

Good luck.

Comment

Having a somewhat similar problem on axle bearings on our Railway bogies! The bearings are grub-screw fixed to the end of the axles with rather small and fine-pitched grub screws which we always assumed were of common thread....until we started measuring with pitch gauges!

Comment

Griffon carburetor stud threads

Hi all, wondering what thread is on the stud where it going tints the cylinder for the carburetor please?
        I've got to get them out at some point but if someone on here knows I can order bolts for a mk2 spigot today.
        Thanks David

Comment

Griffin thread thread

General engineering practice suggests the use of a coarse thread in aluminium. So, more likely to be UNC. On a carburetter stud it is likely that you would find a fine thread on the carb. end.

Comment

Griffon carburetor stud threads

Thanks for the reply Phil,
            I assumed unc also but took the studs out and measuredo the thread it's 5/16 bsf.
            David

Comment

Working...
            X