Latest list of survivors from Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest list of survivors from Facebook

I have placed appeals for survivors on both the Greeves-orientated pages on Facebook with the following results:
    Lyle Johnson (Alaska) 24 MX5E 377 and 24 MX3D 1638.
    Dennis Brown (already noted) TJSF 328 and a Pathfinder, to be notified later.
    Dave Smith (Christchurch NZ) 24 TE 377 WITH 32A 453D 2947 bought in NZ.
    also 63F 277 / GPG2 240. This he bought and imported from Canada. He also has parts to build a Silverstone / Oulton hybrid. He has given me some numbers such as RFS 21/21 ??? Also records he sold RBS 21/23 and RAS 87/93.
    Rick Nabers has TJSF 320, TJSA 194 and TJD 241.
    Ron Hovvels (SE Kent) has 8574 SAS (58 Hawkstone)
    Michael Quellhorst (Dusseldorf) has 24TFS 245 With 32A 453 DC 3744.
    Andrew Cooke (Derbyshire) has 32 DC YFU539 61/4248, 25 DB 319UYW 60/2917, 24DB LJE482, 61/2629 and Pathfinder YKE11J 59B336.
    I'm promised thousands more from the Nicholson camp, but will await those with baited breath!!!

Thanks & well done Brian

Comment

Bated breath surely, Brian, you wouldn't want to attract mice...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks Colin, it was a busy moment!!!!

Comment

MX3 in the US

Hi Brian, here are the frame numbers for Greeves that I currently own:

1967 MX3 24MX3B1609
          1968 MX6 24MX6B128
          1967 MX5 24MX5D598

Comment

Thanks for the information, most useful!

Comment

Ranger in USA

Found this pic on Flickr by 'AZ Johnny' taken in the USA, not sure if its a known one but have asked him to get frame number if he sees it again, looks to be in a museum
              Attached Files

Comment

From Andy Higham

24MDS429, 24MCS/2/1379 and 36MX4C521 currently reside in Bolton Lancashire. The MDS is built as a sprint bike "Blue Meanie" and gets thrashed mercilessly.

Comment

From Kevin McConnell

So I finally got over to my storage container, and got numbers from one of my two 24TFS bikes. Frame is 24TFS769, & Engine is 34A284DC 1811 This one is complete and the other, which is almost identical and roughly 80% complete, missing a small cover on engine and a few other bits

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                    So I finally got over to my storage container, and got numbers from one of my two 24TFS bikes. Frame is 24TFS769, & Engine is 34A284DC 1811 This one is complete and the other, which is almost identical and roughly 80% complete, missing a small cover on engine and a few other bits
                    This looks to be in the USA Trail bike series & I assume still over there?

Incidentally, I recently had an email from someone who went along to the club stand at Shepton Mallett and was told by some club members manning the stand that they had no knowledge of anyone in the GRA compiling a survivors list, and advised the man that he should not give out details of his bikes. Not very helpful, looks like they need to get themselves up to date with current matters. One reason for joining the forum.

Comment

Kevin McConnell is in California. We need to formalise the issue of "Survivor Lists" and other production records. Can we chat or debate it at the AGM?

Comment

A degree of disquiet has been expressed to me recently about this inadvertently turning into a thieves' project list. I think the committee should take a view, but its next meeting isn't until June.

There is nothing to prevent any member from submitting an AGM agenda item to Rob, (by the first week in March) but it would need to include a specific motion so that a decision would result, rather than a request for an open-ended discussion.
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

I see confusion and a certain amount of misunderstanding here. What I propose is a continuation of the format already used for Silverstone and Oulton models, with no details published, just yes/no does that frame exist. We already do this on front page access on the Forum, so any Tom, Richard and Harold etc can access it.
                          My thought is that all models should be covered, but on a Members-only page/s system and while a confidential database could be used to hold further details IF the owner is happy to supply it. The page accessible to the Member's area of the site would only be a confirmation of that frames existence.
                          There are various members who hold logs of their chosen model and I have no reason to see why that should not continue. There will be no security aspects for members to worry about, as no details need be stored, other than the frame number does still exist.
                          We have always had queries as to the number of exported models, so encouraging this tabulation will help us compile the whole story.

Comment

Brian, I have no argument with you; I'm just passing on views expressed to me. My own view is that guidelines - quite possibly along the lines you suggest - might be sensible.
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin, I appreciate the fact that you were just passing on comments, but is this a "Committee" matter alone, or should it be a debate (AOB?) at the AGM? I'm keen to hear the matter aired and maybe reassure the doubters at that point. We have the matrix for the system with the Silverstones etc., so why not extend it to other models?
                              Needless to say, any member is free to "fail to register", but unless they don't ride or show anywhere, their bike is likely to be spotted and reported, so participation is recommended. On the security side, we can use the shading to alert members to stolen machines reported by their unfortunate losers.

Comment

Working...
                              X