325 East Coaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine in

The 325 engine is now back in the frame after a bit of huffing and puffing, thank God my son is strong.
    Interestingly once all the engine mounts are bolted up I now only have the large hole left for the clutch cable. Any thoughts?

Comment

Nice looking 325 EC

Stan sent me a photo of his friends 325 East Coaster, inspiration for him to get his sorted.

Comment

Presumably 32DC148B in the USA

Comment

Yes, that's the one John. Thanks for posting this, Tony. Must try and move my EC up the list of "projects".
          Stan

Comment

Coils

New coils fitted, I found a bit of scrap metal that was just right for holding them. Tank fits over them okay, though if you crouch down you can see part of the rear coil below the tank. Presumably as the fixing bracket is sloping down the tube. The later frames don't have the horizontal fixing plate so probably the coils would sit higher

Comment

Panniers

Panniers have been cleaned and the rack put on the bike to hold them. Obviously 1967 was a busy year as all three stickers are from that year.

Comment

Nice provenance

Comment

Panniers are by Craven, a good quality make & used by the police. They are still in business https://www.cravens.org.uk/

Comment

Crashbars

When I was picking up a 1958 Hawkstone SAS for someone the other day I picked up the last part of the 325, the crash bars. Crashbars they are, as they are snapped at the bottom presumably where there was impact. I think the footrests are interesting, circa 1969 Easy Rider style - hardly a Harley Chopper, still each to their own.
                    If they weld up okay I will stick them on to complete the original look.
                    Perhaps they were used on this travels in 1967 around Canada?

Comment

Have you got the engine running yet Tony, were the solid alloy exhaust sealing rings OK?

Comment

Exhaust sealing rings look okay - not running yet. I am focussing on getting the Ranger powder coated and will worry about the engine after it has been authenticated at Shepton Mallet.

Comment

The camera lies

Up but not running. The bike is complete however no spark, which I will probably leave until the twin electronic ignition is on sale - makes sorting all the electrics so much easier.
                          From a distance it looks quite good, obviously close up the age related wear and tear shows. It will be left as is and once Colin has completed the date registration at Shepton Mallet I will get it road registered.

Comment

Looks good Tony

Comment

Running and with MOT

I picked up the East Coaster from Gary today who did a brilliant job in rectifying all the faults. Now runs beautifully and I managed to get back in time to get an MOT . I was a bit remiss and I have run out of V55C forms and will now have to wait a few days before I sent off to the DVLA for registration.
                              It was a great ride and my only complaint is the kick start sticks out and tends to rub my leg when changing gear.
                              It must have been one of the nicest afternoons for a ride, a bit chilly, however with the heated gloves and a thick jacket great motorcycling weather.
                              No more to be done apart from repairing the locks on the panniers, don't want anyone stealing my sandwiches

Now with MOT

Gary has a smile on his face so it must be good

Last edited by tony; 23/02/2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tony it was a pleasure
                                I must admit I was sad to see you take it I should of delayed the pick up

Comment

Working...
                                X