Greeves Scottish identification help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Scottish identification help please

I'm looking to buy a Greeves Scottish if I can find a good one with some provenance.
    Recently came across this one with a Reg of 454 FPA. Not on the DVLA records and now has a different age-related number allocated in 2017. The Frame number is 8973 TA, but it is fitted with a 9E engine - 372B 2910.

Also has a very unusual gear change lever and a perforated engine plate (Lightness?).

I would like to post photos, but as a newcomer to the forum I don't think I can at the moment.

Any views/information on this bike would be most appreciated,

Many thanks

IanF

I do not have this frame No on my survivors records but its a 1958 20TA with 9E engine. The engine in it now is from a Bond Minicar so that probably accots for odd gear change. Can you please give me the age related number for my records and what town it is in now.

Comment

Thanks John. The current, age related number plate is 517 UYV, and the bike is currently in Fife. I still may buy the bike so please excuse my not being more specific.
      I had assumed that the frame number 8973 TA would have indicated a Scottish Twin with a Villiers 2T engine originally? (since the Twin frames start at 8651 TA according to the table on the GRA website?).

I have photos of all the interesting parts if you would like to see them? I guess I would have to send them to you by email?

Thanks once again for your help (and if you know of any good Greeves Scottish for sale please let me know!)

Best Regards

IanF

Comment

IanF - That bike is definitely a 1958 Scottish, originally fitted with a 197 tuned engine.

Are you a member of the GRA?

Comment

Thanks Rob. Not a member yet - haven't found a bike yet! Will join of course if I manage to find one and buy it,
          IanF

Comment

IanF you should have received my email address to send me pics, check your inbox

Comment

You should be able to find a bike OK. Join at Telford or one of the other shows around that time and you will get over 16 months membership for the price of 12!

That's given you a target now!

Comment

Here are some pics of the bike supplied by Ian. Looks a tidy bike
                Attached Files
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/10/2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I've decided not to buy this Greeves Scottish - not that there is anything wrong with the bike, just decided that maybe I'm a bit too old to take up Trials!

If you are interested in this bike I can provide details on who to contact if you send me your email address via a Private Message on this forum. The bike is in Dunfermline, Fife.

IanF.
                  Last edited by IanF; 04/11/2017, 11:42 AM. Reason: inappropriate contact details in original post

Comment

Originally posted by IanF View Post
                    I've decided not to buy this Greeves Scottish - not that there is anything wrong with the bike, just decided that maybe I'm a bit too old to take up Trials!

I've passed the owners contact details to John Wakefield, so if you want to find out more get in touch with John. The bike is in Dunfermline, Fife.

IanF.
                    Dont contact me but the owner of the bike as listed in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=7058

Comment

Apologies to John. If you are interested in contacting the owner and cannot access the pages referred to above, please send me a PM on this site and I will forward the contact details to you. I am not yet a member of the GRA so I cannot access the "For Sale and Wanted" feature.
                      I have no interest (financial or otherwise) in this bike, but I naively assumed that it would be of interest to members of the GRA.

Ian Fozzard

Comment

Greeves frame no. 9072/TA

Anybody out there able to date the above frame no. -Probably John?

Comment

Originally posted by patrickhowell View Post
                          Anybody out there able to date the above frame no. -Probably John?
                          1958 see this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ight=9072%2FTA

Comment

The year has already been confirmed in a previous post, as was the prefix for the engine.

There is an established process for accessing the home market factory despatch record.
                            Use of the official club process ensures we accord with the DVLA requirements for registration.
                            Last edited by Phil Hyde; 13/11/2017, 11:17 PM. Reason: expansion

Comment

This bike 517 UYV frame No 8073/TA is now for sale on Gumtree for £2995 https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehi...cle/1274439529
                              Kickstarter has been painted black now.

Comment

Working...
                              X