Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathfinder for sale by Kaplan M/C's Connecticut, frame No 62N208

Comment

Brian - Ref your question on 60/1023 - yes, it was originally a home market bike, starting life via Monty Banks.

Talking about putting it all together, I have been working on the 'Chris Goodfellow World-Wide Greeves Register'. This is based on the database that poor Chris started and this came my way and I decided to add to it in his memory. Chris started it with the Anglian but now it seems to cover all models. I will now need to re-shape it a bit. I am also going to add an indicator as to whether or not it featured on the home market despatch records.

Eventually, we should end up with a pretty good record. Only today, I was sent a long list of frame numbers from Melbourne. Think we all need to get out more!

Comment

Rob, the one I reported was 1024, now in Queensland.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          Is anyone actually pulling all this information together?

Yes I am
          Excellent John. Well done!
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Brian - Ref your question on 60/1023 - yes, it was originally a home market bike, starting life via Monty Banks.

Talking about putting it all together, I have been working on the 'Chris Goodfellow World-Wide Greeves Register'. This is based on the database that poor Chris started and this came my way and I decided to add to it in his memory. Chris started it with the Anglian but now it seems to cover all models. I will now need to re-shape it a bit. I am also going to add an indicator as to whether or not it featured on the home market despatch records.

Eventually, we should end up with a pretty good record. Only today, I was sent a long list of frame numbers from Melbourne. Think we all need to get out more!
            Well don`t forget your anorak.....its cold down at that station....... but seriously, i thought the main reason for collecting the export bike details, was to add to what chris had started, building up over yrs to an online reference for all greeves enthusiasts to access.

Comment

That was my assumption as well. The format of the "Silverstone" machines table could be copied and enlarged to show current status and delivery details and any misc notes we feel valid to add.

Comment

Should not all these lists be easily accessible like the 'Identify' on the home page.
                Not much use if you cannot access them.

Comment

Tony, maybe, but it would best be on a Club only page I think.

Comment

Brian I did not mean located there, but the ease at which you can find out what you want, the functionality not the location. I agree that it needs to be in a members only area.

Comment

Thats right guys, the information needs to be recorded in a section in the members only area, so as the info can be added by any member, then periodically checked by someone with access to the home market register, to make sure a home market bike shipped abroad later does not get included in the exported bike data coming back in.
                      A fitting tribute to chris goodfellow, i think & well done to Rob Thornton for pushing the idea on.

Comment

Another Griffon,

Hi Brian, Griffon I recently bought. Owner before the guy I bought it from was from Pennsylvania, I.e. Eastern U.S. frame is 56C 202 and engine is GPF 209. (Are the numbers supposed to match?)
                        Thanks, Rick Downing Seattle, Wa., US

Comment

dont know if this helps

Hi I have an MDS 250 1962 road reg in 1966, 24mds 329. can forward further details if helpful and what i believe is a 1958 hawkstone 7261 25s with a villiers 2t twin engine.

thanks stoney

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                            Hi I have an MDS 250 1962 road reg in 1966, 24mds 329. can forward further details if helpful and what i believe is a 1958 hawkstone 7261 25s with a villiers 2t twin engine.

thanks stoney
                            If the number is stamped 7261/25S then its a very rare 2T engined bike. Most were 20S the year would be 1957. Can you check the stamping please. Where are you based UK or overseas?

Comment

hi John

I am in west yorks, definately stamped 7261 25s engine is 2t cast head and begins 950a , would this have been classed as a hawkstone ? thanks stoney

Comment

Yes a 25SA Hawkstone. Can you give full engine number? 950A is in an allocation to Greeves for 25SA so may be original. Looks like you have a rare bike my friend.
                                Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/03/2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X