From a post on Facebook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a post on Facebook.

I just cleaned up a 1968 tjs Anglian for a friend it has the tjs also a f tjsf328 was wondering what the f means thanks. From Dennis Brown on the Nicholson Motors page, so assumed to be in USA.
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 10/01/2018, 07:59 PM.

Anglian

Brian

A bit of an odd number. The home market records are 24TJSB. Loads of gaps in the sequence. Numbers didn't go past 300.

Perhaps someone else can offer an explanation.

Comment

It would appear this is some form of coding for USA market I have other TJS survivors with letter F 303 314 337 343
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/01/2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

From Rick Nabers also on Nicholson Motors page:

I own 24 TJSF 320 and 24 TJSA 194 and my Wessex is 24 TJD 241...each one has a different last letter, same type of forks, I think it was production batch numbers , as far as I know TJSF was right at the end of Anglian production...the guys in the GRA will have more info..when you find out please post......

Comment

Tjsf

On such a late bike the Made in England stamp is the true marker of an export machine.

For certain, it is not a home market bike.
          Last edited by Phil Hyde; 11/01/2018, 03:45 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Phil my TFS Trail 24 TFS 439 does not have made in England, definitely from USA, I have the NOVA form. My other one TFS 631 is stamped made in England.
            Also the Randy Wilson 324 East Coaster is not stamped either. Was it only late export models that were stamped or were all export models stamped? - hope this helps

Comment

Where is Made in England stamped please?
              p

Comment

Peter

Above or below the frame number.

I believe this was for bikes that went to the States, and then not all were marked.

Comment

Like most things Greeves, there was a hard and fast rule which was often broken.....

Comment

Yep, thanks Brian. My TFS trail # 774 is stamped underneath. Not sure how it got to Australia but evidently not as a UK bike. It does however have a 21" front wheel as opposed to the US 19" but has not been "trialised"
                    Regards
                    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowcoach View Post
                      Yep, thanks Brian. My TFS trail # 774 is stamped underneath. Not sure how it got to Australia but evidently not as a UK bike. It does however have a 21" front wheel as opposed to the US 19" but has not been "trialised"
                      Regards
                      Peter
                      OSL yours must be one of the last TFS its the highest number so far recorded as surviving (previous was 764 in USA) Yours looks to be part of a batch that went to USA

Comment

Working...
                      X