Leading Link 200 -Where is it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leading Link 200 -Where is it?!

In case you are wondering where Leading Link for April, Issue No. 200 is, I will explain. The completed Leading Link was collected from the printers on March 23rd by Royal Mail! OK, it is 2nd class post but where oh where has it got to? Once we receive it and therefore know the total time it has taken our glorious Royal Mail to deliver it, we will be having words with them!

So, rest assured, it is not you or our editor (or anyone else on our side of the house) to blame but our glorious, privatised mail 'service'! Now, what was it the politicians tried to tell us? Privatisation leads to more competition, better and cheaper service and more choices! You decide!

Hey Rob,
    I wrote to Andrew last week asking where my February copy has got to! He is checking into this for me! The December issue reached me on February 7th but I never did get the October issue except that Andrew mailed me a copy directly from the UK!
    Did you know that my copies of LL are now mailed through the Czech Republic Meanwhile normal mail from the UK reaches me in about a week. So much for this privatization rubbish!
    Stan

Comment

Arrived this morning and will be reading it for the next week or two! Fantastic! Well done to the whole team on its production.

Comment

Agree entirely with Brian C. As a Greeves newbie there's lots of history to catch up on. Thanks to all who had a hand in putting it together.
        Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Excellent!

Hi, Leading Link arrived last Friday, excellent as usual!!.......................starider

Comment

LL arrived in Cambridge today Monday 9th April. A good piece of reading, particularly the report on the Grebsa owned at one time by John Blackburn.
            Looking the number (HKW 644N) up on the DVLA the bike has not been taxed since 1st August 1984. The article mentions frame number beginning with 062E.
            This is not a Greeves number and would appear to be a Villiers 4T engine number from a Bond Minicar. Looks like at one time the bike was fitted with a 4T engine and numbers got entered wrongly on the logbook.

This is the DVLA listing for HKW 644N

Vehicle details
            Vehicle make: GREEVES
            Date of first registration: April 1975
            Year of manufacture: 1968
            Cylinder capacity (cc): 249 cc
            CO₂Emissions: Not available
            Fuel type: PETROL
            Export marker: No
            Vehicle status: Not taxed
            Vehicle colour: BLACK
            Vehicle type approval: Not available
            Wheelplan: 2-WHEEL
            Revenue weight: Not available

I note that the Editor has made a comment that the bike is now in the ownership of Stuart Tucker with a pic on rear cover. at the Bristol Show. Its not the same bike
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/04/2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Brilliant leading link

Really enjoyed this months leading link.

Keep up the good work

Regards

Scott

Comment

Late leading link

Hello all,
                My copy of the leading link has still not arrived.Is anyone else still waiting for theirs to arrive.
                Allan.

Comment

Me, but I am in bog land

Comment

Still not arrived

Leading link still not arrived,nearly 3 weeks late.is it down to the Royal Mail.It seems to be getting later with ever issue.Any body else still waiting.
                    Thanksallan

Comment

Originally posted by Big al View Post
                      Leading link still not arrived,nearly 3 weeks late.is it down to the Royal Mail.It seems to be getting later with ever issue.Any body else still waiting.
                      Thanksallan
                      Hi Allan,
                      I'm sending you a replacement copy today. I hope you are now the exception, rather than the rule, so far as delivery is concerned!
                      AndyB
                      Membership Secretary

Comment

In the 4 wheel world, an event secretary reported that several of her entry form envelopes were opened and the cheques removed. I think Royal Mail are investigating, but she holds no hope of getting a reply. The entrants were contacted immediately with advice.

Comment

Hi Andy,
                          Thanks for your reply.i am looking forward to receiving a copy.
                          Allan

Comment

Leading Link 200

My copy of the 200th edition has not yet arrived.

I know that I am a long way away in Australia, but it is usually punctual.

Thanks,

Ross Martin

Comment

Mine neither in Canada.

Stan

Comment

Working...
                              X