32A motor with decompressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32A motor with decompressor

As someone who has spent most of his riding life with BSA's of one form or another the 32A motor in my newly acquired Scottish is causing some head scratching.
    It does have a decompressor unit fitted however it doesn't have a lever or cable attached. Could somebody with a spare few minutes post a photo of how the cable attaches to the decompressor please - I am not sure if there is anything missing as the parts book does itemise some other associated parts to the unit itself.
    Of course it really beggars the questions as to whether I need one! I am not a competitor but an observer in local pre 65 trials in the Lincolnshire area. Any thoughts on this also greatfully received.
    Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Cant help with pics, but if you are not going to use the bike for trials then the decompressor is not really needed. It was to aid braking on downhill sections. If you cant sort the cable out you could remove the decompressor and fit a spare spark plug in its place. You would probably need an adapter made as I think the decompressor thread will be 18mm.

Comment

32A Decompressor

Thanks John, did wonder what use I would make of a decompressor! Villiers Services do market a dummy unit to act as a blanking device so will probably go that route.

Comment

Hi You say you observe at pre-65 trials in Lincolnshire, if that is Poachers I ride an Anglian there with decompressor, so have a word

Comment

Will do Anglian Man, wont be there tomorrow as otherwise occupied but next month at Grasby OK.

Comment

Working...
          X