X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Greeves Championship Series - Confirmed Calendar

Hi All

Welcome to the 2017 Greeves Championship season

Firstly, and most importantly – for those of you who have not read the Chairman's Posts Dave Harper is unfortunately not well – and is currently in Hospital - I have spoken to Dave today and he is keeping up spirits and still working planning the new season .He has his Mobile on in Hospital and welcomes calls

This year is going to be bumper – Dave has done a lot of planning and negotiating. This year we will do 13 rounds – but because there are several back to back - we will drop two rounds instead of the normal one. The race format remains with 3 races each round (races 2 and 3 to count) – if any changes they will come out in newsletter/email .

All of the pre65 rounds will be championship rounds EXCEPT the Christmas Cracker – and INCLUDING the Sunday of the new two day meeting at Benington Lordship – Herts.

We will do Both Northampton rounds – Sproxton and Woodford – both great racing tracks and events as well as the Sunday of the Mortimer 100 miler weekend

Attached is the list of events ……As I have a hangover from yesterday – I accept no responsibilities for muck up’s - so please double check and advise any inaccuracies :

Entry forms on the Pre65 website for the March 26th Opener – look forward to seeing you all there

Cheers Kim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 04/03/2017, 03:43 PM.

Thanks for the list Kim, I'll try to get to most of the rounds for the taking of piccys. Here's to good clean and safe racing!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      Thanks for the list Kim, I'll try to get to most of the rounds for the taking of piccys. Here's to good clean and safe racing!
      Cheers Brian look forward to it . Don't u mean good very fast clean and safe racing

Comment

If Craig brings that latest beast, we may need another set of safety ropes!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          If Craig brings that latest beast, we may need another set of safety ropes!
          My latest wife might be able to attend some of the rounds and I will give prior notice so that addition ropes and other measures to keep competitors and spectators safe can be deployed.

Looking forward to seeing my racing buddies.

Comment

Nice one Kim, I will be without bike on the 26th opener but looking forward to meeting you 'experts' and putting faces to names.

see you all there,

Paul

Comment

Nice one Paul looking forward to meeting you .. Plenty of racing ahead of us !!

Craig let me know when Mrs McCorset and any of the little McCorsets can make it and I will bring my tribe 👍

Cheers Kim

Comment

Still trying to determine if the additional ropes are for Craig's turbo Griffon or for his latest wife.....

Comment

Round One Updste

As you will read in the other thread Dave hoping to make it to the first round but he will likely be wheelchair bound ... So request to riders can you see Dave or Geoff Nunn to register for the championship it's still only a tenner the best value championship racing around . Please make it easy for Dave . Geoff will be lap scoring
                  Plenty of new riders and returning riders . Of the front runners all will be there except for Matt Valentine who is still recovering from his Western beach race crash ... Sam Heitman returns from injury and is sure to challenge for honours . Mike and Adam bell return and Richard And patrick Bathgate return as well ... Looking forward to some great racing let's make it a bumper season for Dave
                  Cheers Kim

Comment

Hi all, I'm currently rebuilding my griffon 380 (first greevs). I bought it with the intention of giving the greeves championship a go (I'm no Malcolm Smith or Dave Bickers) but my question is would I be able to enter the championship late or wait for next season?
                    Thanks David

Comment

Another question...

What are rules and regulations with regards to the greeves championship, I'm looking to put a mk2 amal on my griffon pre 74 rules state ok but I'm not sure if this is OK for the specific greeves?

Thanks David

Ps I apologise if there is a topic already made for this or if I have simply overlooked it somewhere.

Comment

Hi Webby,
                        Mk2 Amal good for Griffon - as is a round bodied VM Mikuni in both Greeves Championship and pre-74 classes.
                        Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                          Hi Webby,
                          Mk2 Amal good for Griffon - as is a round bodied VM Mikuni in both Greeves Championship and pre-74 classes.
                          Cheers Kim
                          Hi Kim,
                          Can I take part on my Mk2 QUB.
                          I promise not to score any points as usual

Comment

And we are off with round one

Brilliant day yesterday at Marks Tey for the first round of the champion ship ...
                            Full report soon but great fast layout 22 Greeves , all went well with GeoffNunn doing the lap scoring for Dave .... Trevor and I collecting championship registrations , catty snapping pics etc
                            Matt McCullch 2 race wins , Jos the Kid Goddard off to a flyer as is Sam Heitmann .......
                            Will get full results and post soon
                            Good to meet Paul (soggy wellie ) from Sheffield
                            Cheers Kim

Comment

Here are the results of the First round of this years Championship

Points to follow - but won't take a great mathematician to work out that Matt McCulloch is off to a flyer - closely followed by the returning from injury Sam Heitman on his Challenger ........Jos Goddard has upped his pace from last year and pushed MAtt, Sam and Gary hard .................Gary had a mishap in first race - but came back to a strong second place in the second race .

Ricky Widdowson was also up with the front runners after a couple of poor starts - getting past me in both races. Lots of fun and strong racing all the way down the order. Good to see the Bell's returning - and Mike doing well to hold off Ian Cox in both races....Just.

In the challenger class - as well as Sam , Barry Keymer and Andrew Green put in some solid results .

First Points race (Race 2) - Provisional results

1. Matt McCulloch – 640
                              2. Jos “The Kid” Goddard – 507
                              3. Sam Heitman – 60
                              4. Ricky Widdowson – 312
                              5. Kim Morley – 275
                              6. Gary Smith – 70
                              7. Julian Smith – 258
                              8. Barry Keymer 0 169
                              9. Andrew Green - 321
                              10. Brian Sawyer – 935
                              11. Ian Cox 699